Bill May Prevent Water Services to Immigrants
Whatis going on!? Is Georgia really trying to deny one of, if not the most basic human right?
ATLANTA — A bill before the Georgia Legislature could prevent illegal immigrants from being able to get a marriage license or access to water and sewage services in the state.
The bill sponsored by Sen. Barry Loudermilk, a Cassville Republican, has gotten a lot of attention because it would also bar illegal immigrants from the state’s public colleges, universities and technical schools.
But another provision removes foreign passports from a list of identification documents that government agencies can accept for certain transactions. The passports would have to be accompanied by federal immigration documentation proving someone is in the country legally.
That would effectively bar illegal immigrants from accessing water service or marriage licenses.
Loudermilk said that those were unintended consequences, and that an amendment was likely that would remedy them.
- sleepyalyssa likes this
- meowswag24 reblogged this from erespielmorena
- erespielmorena reblogged this from siempreapasionada
- siempreapasionada reblogged this from erespielmorena and added:
- singthiscorrosion reblogged this from pedazosdelaluna
- panzallenacorazonsindolor reblogged this from pedazosdelaluna and added:
- pedazosdelaluna reblogged this from mycuentame
- indiracornelio likes this
- mycuentame posted this