Esai Morales in our studio! : D
Update: Thanks to you and the tons of calls after watching our video, now the case on Ruth Montaño has been dropped and is officially closed. She will remain together with her children here at home!
Just interviewed with @cnnee CNN Latino :-D
Our partner coordinator @roboraul calling ICE and telling them to stop the deportation of Ruth Montaño. Have you called? 2027323000. Mycuentame dot org slash helpruth
8 years just for residency! This is nothing! The millions of undocumented people who are in the US now and those yet to come cannot wait 8 years just for legal permanent residence! And all of these near-impossible “prerequisites” are unacceptable! We can win so much more now by acting as in 2006 when the New Immigrant Rights Movement was born and when we destroyed HR4437! The Movement must take up these demands and fight for them everywhere and in any and every way possible. See you all on the streets,
we’re calling on everyone who thinks we can win and deserve far more than this to take up these concrete demands on what real immigration reform should be. Reform that benefits all undocumented people living in the U.S. now and people yet to come. btw some Democrats and/or Democrat affiliated groups are calling a rally in Washington DC on April 10th to which we’re mobilizing people to from all over the US to put forward our concrete demands. lemme know if you’d like to come or would want help from our organization to get people from your org and city to DC. hit me up if you want to come or know ppl and other groups who’d want to come. seems like the Dems are keeping this event rather hidden and it’d be awesome to get this event to be some hundreds of thousands instead of a few thousand.
BAMN CALL TO ACTION to Fight for Full Citizenship Rights for All
• Replace partial probationary status with full citizenship rights for all people who live here, go to school here, work here, and otherwise contribute to this society. Latina/o, black, Asian, Arab, Na-tive American, white, immigrants with and without papers–we are ALL Americans.
• Open the borders—give people the same rights that NAFTA provides to the corporations for unrestricted passage across borders.
• No restrictions to gaining citizenship should be placed on young people brought by their parents.
• No fines for the millions of people without papers who are here now. No more deportations.
• Clear, definite timelines should be set for people to gain citizenship—not indefinite probation.